Sunday, May 1, 2011

Summer decor? And, Ernie is here...

When we were camping, over Easter weekend, a stray dog kept hanging around. Two trips, two bags of dog food and 20mgs of valium later (for the dog, not me) I had to give up and hope someone smarter than this blogger could catch him. It happened on Friday and he's HERE. Mig named him Ernie. He's a cute little guy...our dogs have adopted him into the pack. We're going to have to give him away though; since I have no desire to a) have a third dog child or b) apply for a city kennel license. He's a beautiful little dog, who we think is a puppy...but he's so beat up, so thin and so traumatized. He's doing well because our dogs are shepherding him along. Maybe he'll find his own stride. We got the trailer so that we could take our dogs with us when we go places as a family. If we kept Ernie, it would be nearly impossible to travel with 3 dogs in tow and our family wouldn't get to go very far. The two we have can almost read our minds. I need to locate a good family for him!

One trailer side note: I found a clearance comforter at Wally-world online. It matches the trailer and sort of has that original-RV-vibe to it. The futon is a permanent bed now; and now it has a matching comforter/shams to go with the decor. Awesome find!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Would love to see a pic of your find at Wally World! I cant figure out what to put on our bed, lol. My futon mattress is actually too big, geesh they made beds little in the 50's! We are both 6 ft plus! I guess I am gonna have to order a custom made mattress or find some thick foam to make one! 48" x 74". Nothing like togetherness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra!! I am so excited to see your blog and your pictures of your 1961 Aljo!! I have the same one, at least the outside is exactly the same! The inside is a bit different...i am new at the blog thing, so I will try to post some pics.....I have been looking for information on this model, have you had any luck fidning any? Sincerely, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- We are the new owners of a 1961 Aljo that also has M51 on the badge. Ours isn't a cabover, though. I'd love to find out more about the 1961 Aljos and figure out exactly what we have. Please email me at gretchen at kendalldog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Charlie and it looks like i have the same camper. it has been in my parents back yard since 97 when my uncle parked it there. If you could send me some info on the camper it would be great. I was wondering what year it was made in.

    lotofpez@hotmail.com
    thanks
    charlie

    ReplyDelete